Related Posts with Thumbnails

Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Alley is Excited!

Alley - the Assistant Camp Director and Aquatics Director for CampCaribe - is a special Brown Girl Adventurer with lots of exciting global travel under her belt. She respects the environment and is affectionately referred to as a "tree hugger" by some of her friends. She has been hiking and whitewater rafting in Russia; she's hiked the Inca Trail in Peru; she's lived in the jungle, explored caves and gone horseback riding in Belize; and she's been mountain biking and rafting in Canada. She is a perfect fit for CampCaribe!

Alley wanted me to send along this note when I asked her to say a few words. She is as excited as I am...and hopefully...as excited as you are too!
From Alley:
How could I possibly pass up this exciting opportunity with a group of Brown Girl adventurers?!! When Tracey first asked me to be involved, I immediately said yes. I wasn't really sure what my role would be, but it didn't matter because I was so excited to do whatever was needed!
My first camp experience was in the 6th grade for a one week stay in the mountains. My second was in junior high school (again in the mountains); this time for three weeks. Just to give you an idea of how much I enjoyed myself: I still have the souvenirs from both camps!
My camp experiences opened my eyes to a world beyond city life. I learned how to respect nature in all its glory. If you mess it up, clean it up.
I am happy to have been chosen to be one of the camp counselors, and I'm looking forward to meeting all of you. This is going to be so much fun!
See you soon!
Alley

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
footer