Related Posts with Thumbnails

Thursday, December 3, 2009

My Angel Wears an Afro


Graphics by Ahmad Hassan
Several months ago, Shea Rose, a performer and student at the prestigious Berklee College of Music, sent me a heartfelt e-mail telling me that she came across OneBrownGirl.com® and CampCaribe and was excited about the brand and its mission.  She told me she wanted to be of service in some way and that her music needed to have meaning.  She then told me she wanted to collect donations for CampCaribe through performance and in addition, she would be donating her performance fee to CampCaribe.  Wow.
"As I continue on this journey, I know now that my calling is to serve the community around me and beyond...music and my voice are the tools that I've been given to do so. Altruism and philanthropy were missing in my recipe for a very long time! The "ME" obsession that the industry (music and entertainment) creates and requires was starting to become taxing and toxic to my soul.   So this is a CELEBRATION!!! A new chapter....I'm looking forward to exchanging and sharing this great adventure with all of you."  Shea Rose
On Friday, December 11, 2009, my angel, Shea Rose, will be performing at The Alchemist Lounge in the Boston (Massachusetts) area in an effort to raise funds for CampCaribe.  If you're in the area, please go.  If you aren't , please send her a shout-out to let her know how much of an angel she is.  It's the least we can do.
With commitment, love & genuine thanks,
Tracey, Camp Director
CampCaribe

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
footer