Related Posts with Thumbnails

Monday, April 20, 2009

Day Four (continued)

I just left Plaza Extra, the local supermarket where I am pleased to say the cost of groceries is far more reasonable than on St. John (although charcoal was still unreasonably expensive). Nevertheless, at least now I know we won't be eating out everyday. I think cooking together will be a great group activity and will bond the girls even more.

I also went to KMart and it was the same as any KMart on the mainland except there was more beach gear. Besides the plethora of accented English I've been hearing on St. John (British, Australian, New Englanders, etc.), I've been hearing a lot of languages here on St. Thomas besides the local patois -- Portugese, French, Spanish, Haitian Creole...oh yeah...and California accented English...LOL).

I saw a big fat iguana on Sapphire Beach (not my favorite animal in the world) and a teeeny tiny lizard in the bathroom where I'm staying. I feel like I am invading their space a little, but they do NOT have to worry about me being in their way, that's for sure! I don't care for reptiles too much.

All in all, life is good and brown is beautiful. Chat soon.

Tracey
Camp Director
CampCaribe
 
footer