Related Posts with Thumbnails

Saturday, April 18, 2009

Day Two on St. John

I'll be meeting with the campground manager later today to secure cottages for next year and to cement the meal plan. It's clear - after a little research - that I'm going to have to bring food over from St. Thomas on the ferry for the meals we prepare ourselves. The cost of groceries at the supermarket in St. John is astronomical. $11 for a small bag of charcoal. Even though I will be personally subsidizing a small portion of this Pilot Program, throwing money away isn't a part of the program. Idon'tthinkso.

I'm getting a little anxious again...wondering what gives me the nerve to embark on something like this. What keeps me going are the memories I have of the island camp I went to when I was growing up and how the experience helped shape me into the person I am today. I was always the only little Brown Girl at camp and that just doesn't seem right. I hope I don't sound redundant...but this is so important.

Chat soon...

Tracey
Camp Director
CampCaribe

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
footer